The Crossroads Association of REALTORS® (CAR®) is an organization established to maximizing your success in the real estate industry by offering professional support services and requiring ethical standards of practice. As a member of CAR®, you automatically enjoy membership in the Indiana Association of REALTORS® (IAR®) and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR®.) We are governed by a Board of Directors comprised of your peers elected from within the real estate industry. Additionally, the board has a full-time staff dedicated to maximizing your success.
Requirements for applying to CAR®:
- Complete a 90-hour pre-licensing broker course. You must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma. Visit in.gov for a complete list of approved pre-licensing course providers. For more information, visit recp.org.
- Take the Indiana state licensing exam. Upon successful completion of the 90-hour pre-licensing broker course, you must take the Indiana state licensing exam. You can register for the examination online at the website of the state’s exam provider.
- Complete 30-hours of post-licensing education. This must be completed within the first two years of licensure.
- Find a local place of employment that’s already a member of CAR®.
- Join CAR®. When you join your local board, you automatically become a member of IAR® and NAR®. Contact us or stop by our office to get your new member application!