All real estate agents are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR “®” logo when presenting themselves. REALTORS® are committed to treating all parties to a transaction honestly–they subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. A REALTOR® can help you:
- Determine your buying power and can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you.
- Provide access to properties listed on the local MLS that may not be actively advertised in the market.
- Learn objective information about a property.
- Negotiate price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment.
- Find qualified responsible professionals to perform inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, and more.
- Have a smooth closing process.
- Market your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position, helping you close the sale of your home.